- Manages and trains field personnel so that all projects are completed on schedule, within budget, and at the level of quality that conforms to original plans and specifications, to include all change orders.
- Manages the construction process while identifying and solving problems that arise.
- Maintains positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers, and other employees.
- Works with Purchasing department to identify and plan for all potential Site EWO expenses.
- Works with local municipalities to ensure proper building techniques being used and costs managed.
- Ensures completion of all final punch lists and projects are completed before they are closed/occupied.
- Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices, conducts weekly “tailgate” safety classes, maintains jobsite OSHA compliance and rectifies job site hazards immediately.
- Ensures all company employees and contractors are adhering to the company safety policy.
- Ensures field personnel are meeting with sales weekly to review customer files and make/schedule customer appointments.
- Manages project specific warranty program.
- Organization: Utilizes strong organizational skills.
- Communication: Displays strong written and oral communication skills.
- Employs effective listening skills.
- Problem Solving: Analyzes problems and makes sound decisions.
- Timely manner based on objectives, risks, implications and costs.
- Interpersonal Skills: Tactful and mature demeanor with well developed communication.
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse personalities.
Education and Experience:
- 4-yr college degree preferred but not required. Desirable – study/concentration in construction management.
- 8+ years of successful Project Management.
- Experience in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control, and production of all phases of commercial construction.
- Experienced in managing multiple projects
- A self-starter, highly motivated and goal oriented individual.
- Excellent attention to detail with emphasis placed on quality.
- Very organized with a systematic approach tasks to achieve accuracy and efficiency.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Professionally and technically competent.
- Quick, sharp, confident, assertive, ethical and ambitious.
- Analytical with the ability to examine issues from multiple viewpoints.
- Friendly and out-going in social contacts.
- Works easily with others.