MileStone Community Builders is looking for a part-time data entry employee to help in our warranty department. We are looking for a highly motivated and organized individual who can assist with our warranty request process. Previous experience with FAST, the advanced management software for production builders, would be ideal.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive and document incoming warranty calls, emails, and mail.
- Create service letters for all warranty requests, and send letters to assigned warranty field managers.
- Create billable Service Orders for any cost associated with warranty services.
- Complete warranty service requests when warranty field manager delivers fully documented, completed service letter.
- Communicate completion of all service requests to the original requesting party.
- Maintain weekly warranty reports.
- Maintain monthly warranty bonus reports.
- Assist warranty field managers and homeowners with specific house and community information.
- Assist in maintaining and archiving house and field files.
- Create and maintain monthly HOA assessment reports. Document progress and completion.
- Communicate with and assist Bonded Builder Warranty Group on all case files.
- Assist the Warranty Manager as requested.
- Maintain calendars for on-call emergency and warranty time-off requests.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Maintain a high degree of integrity and honesty in all business dealings.
- Be professional in dress, manners, and conduct.
- Be a self-motivated individual and display initiative.
- Be courteous and safety-driven.
- Be knowledgeable of the residential home building quality and industry performance standards, read and follow the standards of the Builder’s Warranty and New Home Orientation Manual.
- Understand and follow all company policies and procedures in the Employee Handbook.
- Anticipate, prevent and solve problems (proactive vs. reactive) within his/her authority.
- Make quick, accurate decisions when necessary and take responsibility for his/her actions.
- Report any problems to the Director of Construction and Warranty.
- Plan and organize daily work schedule to maximize time and productivity.
- Experience with the FAST Builder Management Systems
- Experience in Residential Home Construction or affiliated trade base.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Minimum 2 years customer service experience preferred
- College degree preferred
IV. Days / Hours
- 5 days a week, Wednesday through Sunday: 8 hours per day between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.