- Coordinates and supervises all construction activities within the community.
- Directs contractors to complete all projects on schedule, within budget, and at the level of quality that conforms to original plans and specifications.
- Maintains the construction schedule while identifying and solving problems.
- Orders materials and schedules inspections as necessary throughout the construction process.
- Maintains positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees.
- Prepares schedules and supervises completion of a final punch lists.
- Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately.
- Ensures all company employees and contractors are adhering to the company safety policy.
- Meets with sales weekly to review customer files and make/schedule customer appointments.
- Manages community warranty program.
- Organization: Utilizes strong organizational skills.
- Communication: Displays strong written and oral communication skills and
- Employs effective listening skills.
- Problem Solving: Analyzes problems and makes sound decisions in a timely manner based on objectives, risks, implications and costs.
- Interpersonal Skills: Tactful and mature demeanor with well developed
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse personalities.
Education and Experience:
- 4-yr college degree preferred but not required. Desirable study concentration in construction management.
- 3+ years of successful Project Management/Expediting experience with a production residential or multi-family builder.
- Experienced in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control, and production of all phases of residential construction.
- Experienced in managing multiple projects.
- A self-starting highly motivated and goal oriented individual.