The primary duty for individuals on the quality assurance team is to inspect houses for deficiencies in materials and workmanship, and to clearly and accurately document in writing what was found. Once an inspection is completed, the list of items generated on a QA inspection report is turned over to the construction team to implement and manage. A little more than a week later there is a follow-up trip for each inspection used to assess the final readiness of the house. The principal daily expectation of our QA inspectors is to accurately communicate the condition of each house inspected. The objective that this position aims to accomplish is three-part. First, this position strives to ensure that each customer is getting a model home-quality house. Next, individuals in this position need to be aware of best practices for the installation of the various individual components that comprise a house. Last, this position aims to reduce the frequency of future warranty issues for each homeowner.
- Follow a provided weekly inspection schedule
- Return to each house that you start an inspection on to give a status
- Ability to remain focused in a distracting work environment
- Manage the daily inspection schedule
CORE COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCES:
- A strong candidate should have at least three of the following background:
- Experience in quality control for any industry
- Experience in remodeling
- New home warranty experience
- Make ready experience
- Home inspections
- Preferred trade backgrounds: floor and wall tile installation, HVAC, plumbing, landscaping, drywall, concrete finishing, cabinet installation, experience in trim carpentry, and door installation.
- College course work in construction management, quality control, or related fields.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please respond with a 100 word or less introduction and a copy of your resume in pdf format